Page 86 of 305 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136186 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 3042

Thread: Games: What games are you currently playing? [OT!]

  1. #851
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Ive got the Petes OpenGL, ive tried all the others but they dont perform as well. Ive experimented with it for the last 3 hours, and i feel it cant get any better.

    IRT Hyper - You'll enjoy FF8. However, if you prioritise storyline over graphics, im inclined to suggest FF7 (which is more likely to work in emulation). You'll hear a lot of criticism towards it on the web, but thats only because its supported by some of the worst fanboys ever to disgrace the internet. I often think we underrate it for such reasons.
    Give them all a go and see what you think.

  2. #852
    Inactive Member Nevan's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    4,127
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Halo LAN in my garage tomorrow. w007.

  3. #853
    Senior Hostboard Member Dreamer7000's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 24th, 2004
    Posts
    7,236
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    My friend has FF7 an' FF8 for PS. I think he might help... [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]cool.gif[/img] I don't care much about web critics, If I wanna try a game, I always try it. And if I don't like it, then I made a critic... [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ July 02, 2004 05:48 PM: Message edited by: Dreamer7000 AKA Hyper ]</font>

  4. #854
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thats the spirit!

    Just now, i spontaneously decided to break off the warranty sticker at the back of the PS2, and have a rummage through its internals. I found out that i might be able to play import games without modding the console, but by using a credit card to override the "disc open/close" signal. It'd be great if it works - i could play Xenosaga next week.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ July 02, 2004 06:57 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  5. #855
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Pete's the man. His plugins 0wn.

    IRT Cata: Ah, yes, cog-swapping. Some don't like it because you have to mess with it, have to keep the lid open, and it may break if you're not cautious. There should be good tutorials and boot CDs/DVDs available in the Net.

  6. #856
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I admit, its a bit of a risky way to play imports, but its also the cheapest. I'll have a look on the net for the correct boot DVD (you saw my next question coming).

    And yes, we should all worship Pete for putting so much time and effort into the ePSXe project with his plugins.

  7. #857
    HB Forum Owner mrwiseman's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,915
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Come to think of it, I don't know if you'll be able to burn your own boot CD; being a CD-R, the PS2 will refuse to load it, I think. That's why they sell some boot CDs for this. Read some tutorials anyways, perhaps they'll clarify this.

  8. #858
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Theres a 50% chance it'll work, in my opinion. I can see how it could work, and why it wouldnt. Ive found myself the iso and bin for a boot disc, ive just got to write it to a CD-R, and hopefully it'll do what i want it to do.

    And if not, then it doesnt matter, ive already broken the sticker at the bottom and opened it, i might as well get it modded.

    <font color="#101010" size="1">[ July 02, 2004 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Cataferal ]</font>

  9. #859
    Inactive Member Xellos's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 6th, 2002
    Posts
    8,598
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Try FF9 first. FF7=teh uber overrated, I liked it, but not enough to be 20 RPGs of all time.

  10. #860
    Senior Hostboard Member Cataferal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2003
    Posts
    3,403
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    FF9 is a great place to start for beginners.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •